When planning creative aging programs, it’s important to survey your community to get a sense of what programs and services are already being provided to older adults. Your library can fill the gap by offering programs that aren’t otherwise available.
Things to Consider
- What cultural resources or institutions are in the community?
- Is there a museum? Galleries?
- A theater or music venue?
- Do they offer programs specifically for older adults?
- Is there a community arts center or music school? Does your community have an arts council?
- Do the senior service organizations offer arts programs for their clients.
- 4. Consider Partnerships
- 5. Funding Programs
- 6. Find & Hire a Teaching Artist
- 7. Develop a Curriculum/Budget