Successful creative aging programs require a dedicated space. Do you have a space/room that can be dedicated to your creative aging program? Which disciplines will work in your library? Is the space accessible? Where will the artist store supplies? Artwork? Should you consider partnering with a community organization that has appropriate space?
Examples of workshop spaces:
- Check in with your facilities staff, and get them on board.
- If you program off-site, make sure that the host organization has assigned a senior administrator to oversee the program in partnership with your library. This person will be able to direct their own facilities staff accordingly.
- Review the Planning Overview video.
Facility Survey (PDF)
- 3. Review Community Resources
- 4. Consider Partnerships
- 5. Funding Programs
- 6. Find & Hire a Teaching Artist
- 7. Develop a Curriculum/Budget